I’m running because I believe I have the experience, vision, and dedication needed to accomplish progressive change on the DNC.
I got involved in the fight to make the Democratic Party more progressive as a volunteer in Howard Dean’s presidential campaign in 2004. In the 15 years since, I haven’t stopped organizing to beat Republicans, support progressive causes, and hold the Democratic Party accountable to its values.
I currently serve as the Region 10 Director for the California Democratic Party, serving Assembly Districts 35, 37, 38 and 44. I’m also a Co-Chair of the CDP Credentials Committee, member of the Ad Hoc Committee on ADEMS, and the South Vice Chair of the Santa Barbara Democratic Central Committee. In addition, I'm a nationally recognized writer for a number of major publications covering both state and federal politics.
The DNC election will take place at the 2020 Spring Executive Board Meeting of the California Democratic Party in Visalia. I would love to count on your support and endorsement in this campaign--I'm looking forward to working on your behalf on the DNC, and would love to hear from you with your thoughts and perspectives in the days and weeks ahead!
Recently as a party activist I have:
- Co-authored a successful resolution that the California Democratic Party passed in support key economic components of the Green New Deal
- Helped draft and advocate for superdelegate reform
- Served on the Ad Hoc Committee on ADEMs, proposing ideas for increased resources and transparency in ADEM caucuses
- Authored progressive changes to the California Democratic Party platform, and at the county level presided as Platform Committee chair over redrafting the Santa Barbara County Democratic Party's platform
- Drafted and submitted expansive reforms to the ADEM process and regional meetings
- Drafted and implemented bylaws reforms to the Santa Barbara County Democratic Party
- Advocated for progressive stances on a variety of issues before the CDP Legislation committee
I look forward to advancing a more expansive reform agenda at the national level with the DNC.
Party positions (current and former):
- Region 10 Director, serving Assembly Districts 35, 37, 38 and 44
- Co-Chair, CDP Credentials Committee
- Member, Ad Hoc Committee on ADEMs
- South Vice Chair, Platform Committee Chair and Bylaws Committee Member, Santa Barbara Democratic Central Committee
- President, Santa Barbara Democratic Club (2015-2018)
- Chair and First Vice-Chair of the Ventura County Democratic Party (2010-2014).
- Field Operations Committee Chair, Ventura County Democratic Party (2009-2014) During my terms we ran an unprecedented field and mail campaign, flipping most of the statewide and local seats from red to blue, and made numerous progressive internal reforms to bylaws, platforms, endorsements and much else.)
- Campaign manager/field director on various local supervisor, sales tax ballot measure, state assembly and anti-fracking campaigns (2009 - 2015)
- President and Founder, Ventura County Young Democrats (2008-2010)